Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Currently on Twitter...

As part of an ongoing project on my Twitter feed, I'm delivering stories from the Sherlock Holmes canon in tiny installments of 140 characters or less. I recently finished up "The Adventure of the Veiled Lodger," in which Sherlock Holmes advises: "Your life is not your own...Keep your hands off it...The example of patient suffering is in itself the most precious of all lessons to an impatient world."

The current story is "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," in which Sherlock Holmes tells Dr. Watson: "It makes a considerable difference to me, having someone with me on whom I can thoroughly rely."

Check out my Twitter feed for a daily installment, although I am usually inspired to post more than once a day. And don't forget you can read through the original canon online.

1 comment:

  1. Experiment failed! US-alike fake undercovered!

    With shouting similar did I met Sherlock s3, ep 2. Feeling akward and shame for both BBC, Benedict and Lestrade actor I was even more depressed when it comes for ep3.

    Ep2 starts with chief inspector Lestrade hitting his rear car wheel !!!, going on with pushing back his female black colleague !!!... Or maybe it’s just due to director’s nationality? Being (I presume) Scottish he was trying to breach as many political correctness as possible turning up with just TOTALLY IMPROPER BEHAVOIUR for Scotland-Yard senior police officer.
    But when it comes for wedding it seems more Agatha Christie’s style with all suspects in one room and the broken episode pace cheatingly soothing the viewer.
    We see Sherlock in pain, transforming into something totally different from what we used to look at in season 1+2 by Moffat.
    Ep 3 breaking ugly, with Sherlock being addicted (hello Sir Conan) and moreover having an affair with maid of honor. This is not Sherlock new standard, nor he’s even clone copy of the origin, as he behaves as a monkey trying to do as told, compromising the narration.

    Not to say the director’s change every new episode made this production (or surely would) highly praised by US-audience. Though it’s not UK anymore.
    With all my respect to BBC (and I do mean it) I consider season 3 total fail.
    Would have nothing to do but to plug in David Arnold’s score from s1+s2 and try to forget this brand new episodes completely.

    ReplyDelete